The Rustyman is a 3 day / 2 night Camp (12th, 13th and 14th May 2017) ideal for anyone who is contemplating taking on an IronMan, who has signed up for their first IronMan or if you are returning to IronMan with a view of improving on your last outing.
Due to our location we specialise in Ironman Wales and the uniqueness of its course, however the skills taught are easily transferable to any Middle or Iron distance event.
The weekend camp will include group and one on one coaching on the following:-
- A guided ride on sections of the IM Wales Course, looking at the unique transition from Swim to Bike. Includes bike coaching
- Swim Coaching – utilising an endless pool of video analysis. Plus open water sea swim
- The Run – A run session with coaching input on various forms of training techniques and running styles including cadence and pace
- IM Motivational talk and input
- Bike Maintenance and set up
- Nutrition – in training and on race day
- Kit, transitions and strength training
- Plus anything else you want to ask
Day 1 (May 12th 2017): Friday Evening
- Welcome Meeting and programme introduction
- Evening meal
Day 2 (May 13th 2017): Saturday
- Swim coaching / Open water swim
- Run 7 or 10 miles (various paces catered for)
- Bike Maintenance / Preparation
- Ironman motivational talk with Q&A session
- Nutritional advice / strategy
Day 3 (May 14th 2017): Sunday
- Bike Ride (on sections of IMW course) distance to be agreed
- The importance of Brick sessions
- Planning your race strategy (Racing or Finishing, your goals!)
- Transition set up
- Individual coaching on areas of concern
Our base for the Rustyman will be Newgate Lodge which has two lovely barn conversions – Skomer Lodge and Ramsey Lodge. These lodges are ideal for such groups with 6 bed en-suite dorms, dinning area, lounge and conference room. The accommodation is also ideally placed to allow the Rustyman group to experience an open water swim at Newgale Beach, with numerous running routes for varying abilities surrounding the lodge and only a short drive to sections of the IMW bike route. The location is all of this whilst still being remote and private enough to ensure you get the best out of the weekend.
We have a number of coaches working on the Rustyman camp, all of which have successfully competed in Ironman competitions around the World and of course IMW. They will also have worked with elite athletes and have a wealth of knowledge to share, which means that the advice and guidance passed on to you will be up to date and first hand.
The coaches are experienced in working with athletes of all abilities, whether they be juniors, beginners or experienced. We are proud to say that these include Welsh Ironman Record Holder Oliver Simon, a Professional Triathlete, and Clair Davies, a former International athlete and Ironman World Championship Qualifier.
- No refunds can be given
- Transfers / deferrals can be made up to 1 week before the event.
- For all enquiries please email@example.com