The Games is an ultimate fitness competition that will test your Strength, Speed, Aerobic and Anaerobic Fitness and is based on Crossfit and the World Games competitions.
Date – Saturday 30th September
Time – Slots to be allocated
Location – Newgale Lodge, Penycwm, Pembrokeshire
This is our own test of fitness, using disciplines taken from a number of sports, such as crossfit, cycling, athletics and weight lifting. The rules and judging will be set to our standard, but will be fair and the same for all. As with everything we do it will be physically challenging and take you to another level.
Rules, Regulations and How it all Works!
We have changed the format from previous years and have simplified it. The new format will see the clock start as soon as you start and stop as soon as you finish. Your overall time will be your score. Each Athlete will perform 10 exercises, which will have a set number of repetitions or distance and then you will move onto the next one as soon as you can, with any rest period eating into your time. The winner will be the athlete with the quickest time.
This years Games will also see 6 categories up for grabs with the prize money spread across the board and for argument sake if the first female is 45 years of age or over she will win £300, which is the same for the other categories
- First Female – £200
- First Male £200
- First Male U18 (above 16)£100
- First Female U18 (above 16) £100
- First Male O45 £100
- First Female O45 £100
How we ensure the competition is fair and equal for all
- There will be no bodyweight categories and each competitor in each age group will lift the same weight i.e a kettlebell swing will be 20Kg for open males whilst each test will require a different fitness from strength to endurance to speed therefore making it ideal for all.
The 10 Exercises you will face
Saturday 30th Sept 2017
- A 1000 metre concept 2 row
- Box jumps at 3 different heights 1 x set of 20 reps on each height box heights – 20” 26″ 20″
- 50m Farmers Walk (weight in each hand OM/VM 20kg, All other cats 12kg)
- Military press x 50 (OM/VM 40kg, all other cats 30kg)
- 5K static bike
- Kettle bell swings x 60 (20kg Men 12kg Females/U18s)
- Burpees 50
- Wall balls 60 reps – 10Kg Men (7kg U18’s and Females)
- Tyre flips x 20
- 1 mile run
Your day will last anything from 1hrs to 1hr 45mins and it will be hard! You will not all compete at the same time as you will be allocated time slots.
The mixture of events will ensure that the Games is not all about strength and therefore some events will suit some and some will suit others!!!! A little bit for everyone as we are looking for overall fitness.
Upon booking you will be allocated a time slot. You will need to be onsite at least 45 minutes before your start time so that you can register and be prepared to start on time!
You will then be guided through each activity and your set should take approximately 1hr 40mins give or take 1o mins! It will be an extremely tough 1hr 40mins but that’s what it’s all about.