Boot Camps – Are they for you?
The word Bootcamp has become the word of choice for so many different type of Fitness breaks and classes it’s hard to know exactly what you are getting into and is it for you?
We run a mixture of 2 night and 5 night packages, both of which are built on the same ethos, which is using the spectacular natural environment that we are lucky enough to be surrounded by to train and relax in.
Our sessions are designed to give you the maximum gains and enjoyment out of the time we have with you. They ensure that when you leave us you leave with a realistic plan of how to maintain and improve on what you have already achieved.
Our coaches have the experience and benefit of having worked with the total novice through to world class athletes and are real people who know and appreciate the difficulties that face the everyday person when it comes to maintaining a training and eating plan. We strive to support you in achieving “your goals”.
Our camps really are about you as an individual. You will work at your own pace. At the end of every session you will feel a great sense of achievement, you will make new friends along the way and leave physically revitalised and educated on how to train, eat and drink.
We cannot, however, stress enough the great effect that getting up early and training outdoors in an environment like the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park can have on your body and mind almost instantaneously.
The aim is to re-motivate, re-energise and re-educate you on how to achieve your goals with an achievable and sustainable package.
The Man-Up Camp – £150 – £300
The weekend Bootcamps will see you take part in a number of different sessions from Crossfit, HIIT, Boxing, Wrestling, and Fartlek running sessions out on the magical Pembrokeshire Coast Path and for the total St Davids experience you will also have the chance to experience the ultimate adrenaline activity of Coasteering, or a sighting adventure of Kayaking and for those less found of the water a Mountain Bike trip around the peninsular, all of which are workouts in themselves.
The evenings will consist of inputs into health, diet and managing a lifestyle programme when back into the day job and the time pressures of every day life, because we realise you have to e realistic in your goal settings.
The Activities/training sessions that we will use come from the following and will be tailored made to the group.
- Crossfit – Various Techniques and Coaching will be rounded up with a tough challenge
- HIIT Session on the Beach an ideal location for an energetic high intensity workout
- Fartlek Run Session – On the magical Pembs coast path and around Car Llidi Mountain
- Coasteering/Kayaking/Cycling – Looking at using things like adrenaline sports to everyday activities to improve health, wellbeing and fitness.
- Boxing Fitness – Our boxing coach will put you through the paces of one of the hardest and physically demanding sports there is – but its great fun and stress buster hitting the bags
- Wrestling – If you have had the unfortunate experience of having to grapple with someone or the fun of wrestling your friends, you’ll understand that 30 seconds can feel like a life time as you expunge every drop of energy. This is a fun session that teaches you the technique and art of this Olympic sport.
- Yoga – Perhaps not the first activity you think of when you think of boot camps but Yoga is becoming an ever popular discipline in many a training regime, especially for cycling, running and triathletes as is teaches the body good posture and promotes a strong core
- Military Fitness on the Beach (and in the water) – a traditional Army/Navy Seals style beasting on the beach. The sessions will be run by former military men who will put you through your paces and will include team bonding activities and confidence drills and maybe the odd log run.
- And one of the Best “Walking” just moving!
Sessions and Coaches
These will be devised and run by some of the national leaders in their chosen field who’s knowledge, experience and enthusiasm would inspire anyone.
Dates -we run these camps and various times throughout the year and will run specific camps for two or more at a time that will suit you
Please contact us for enquiries into dates or to discuss a package
2 nights’ accommodation full board, (Friday/Saturday) with all activities and sessions included (sessions Friday night, Saturday and Sunday) for depending on numbers from £150 to £300
Newgale lodge is situated within it’s own grounds, with two self contained bunk houses, a bar, conference room, with the outdoors boasting a very appealing fire pit, pizza oven and BBQ that also has ample lawn space suitable to stage a number of our boot camp activities. Whilst the surrounding area has an 800 acre forest, Newgale Beach, The Pembrokeshire Coast and numerous other little gems of natural beauty to train on, all of which makes this an ideal location for a Bootcamp and a break to get way and refocus
To View Accommodation at Newgale Lodge
Our 7 day / 6 night package is the ultimate in Bootcamp experience. You will have 5* accommodation, food and most importantly top quality professional coaching. This package is for those who are committed to changing their lifestyle and want a challenging yet fun environment to do so. The sessions and their content have been put together by Sean Holley who after over 20 years coaching in professional sport has a great knowledge and understanding of what works and what doesn’t. One of Sean’s greatest strengths is to bring in or call upon subject matter experts to assist with the camps and its content to ensure you have the best possible experience and up to date advice.
These camps are kept to a maximum of 10 to ensure that everyone gets that personal touch and the appropriate level of coaching to ensure maximum gains are made.
Also included in this package to make it far more than a bootcamp are some special extras, such as a powerboat rib ride around Ramsay Island and a day with one of our guest celebrity coaches from the world of professional sport.
The itinerary below is a sample and the order of the activities may change to suit the time of year or group needs. We have kept the details brief for a reason, one of which is that we hope you come with an open mind and enjoy the package for what it is.
NB each early morning fat burner will be varied and will be held at some of the best locations you could wish to train at.
Day 1: Friday
- A relaxed welcome Meeting followed by one on one meet and greets where body weight, Body fat %, blood pressure, resting heart rate and personal goals are taken.
- Group activity of performing simple exercises to establish basic fitness levels
We do not promote or live by the scales and stats, but we all need a benchmark and goals to aim for. We will teach you the relevance of these stats to your body and they will form a small part of what you are going to achieve along with other aspects of your health and fitness.
- Nutrition input and the science (practical benefits) behind exercising
Day 2: Saturday
- Early Morning start – 60 minute Fat Burning session Performed Out Doors
- Strength Training and the Importance of it, whilst looking at the technique of lifting and kettlebells
- Boxercise / Wrestling!
- Coast Path Walk/Hike/Fartlek
- Beach games!!
Day 3: Sunday
- 60 Minute Early Morning Fat Burner
- Boat Trip and Coastal Path Walk/Hike/Fartlek
- Bike Tour of the St David’s Peninsular
- Core Strength
- Evening Class the benefits of stretching, techniques and aids available
- Sports Massage
Day 4: Monday
- 60 min early morning Fat burner
- Crossfit / HIIT Session
- Kayaking / Coasteering Session (Depending on the group)
Day 5: Tuesday
- Early Morning Fat Burner 60 mins
- Coast Path Expedition
- The Outdoor Gym!
- Goal setting and tips on keeping the regime going
Day 6: Wednesday
- A reflection on the weeks activities and Q&A
Day 7: Wednesday
- Mud Run/Assault Course
- Personal tests and debrief to highlight the gains already made in a short period and supply support packages to go away with
6 night Boot Camp
You will stay at New Cross House a 5* Town House in the Centre of St David’s with its own splendid walled garden, ideal for kettles, yoga or just relaxing. The House also boasts its own sauna and outdoor fire pit area. The inside is furnished to a high standard and will be a great place to come back to and relax after a hard days training and offers a great environment for our evening classes and specialist inputs.
The Rooms are twins with all bedding provided.
To view the property please see here NEWCROSS HOUSE
Dates of 6 night 7 day Camps
If you wish to update to single occupancy rooms please contact us to discuss availability